Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sundays Are For Winners!

 It's a beautiful Sunday in mid-Missouri and I almost feel guilty for such a nice day.  We had a good frost on the pumpkins this morning but the tomatoes are still alive and may last a little longer.  My counter is full of ripe, orange and green tomatoes- looks like a great week for more salsa.  I have been making a lot of salsa lately, mostly bean salsa and seafood salsa.  

My heart is heavy for those on the east coast, especially my BFF Barb in Connecticut.  She has all of her outside stuff packed away safely and they are well stocked on essentials already, anticipating the power outage.  I hope the storm downgrades soon and doesn't cause as much damage as they predict.   

I decided not to go to Quilt market at all this time with so much school work in front of me so here I am, at home on my anniversary for the first time in 18 years.  Imagine that!  I always joke that it is the reason we've been married so long- 34 years!
Quilt market was this weekend and I must say I am thinking about it, wondering about all of the new goodies being shown down there, including my latest fabric line.  I'm also wondering about everyone trying to go home tomorrow evening and Tuesday during the east coast storm.   

I will miss the restaurants in Houston this time!  The recipe above is one of my favorites at Goode Co. Seafood off Kirby!  Here's a great recipe- 
Seafood Salsa (like the Campechana at Goode Co. Seafood in Houston)

1/3cup olive oil
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup chile sauce
1 tablespoon fresh oregano
1/4 cup lime juice
1 cup Clamato juice 
 1/2 teaspoon salt
Add:
1/2 cup tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 avocado, peeled and diced
1/4 cup white onion, diced
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon chopped jalepeno pepper
1/4 cup green olives, chopped
1/2 pound shrimp, boiled, peeled and chopped
1/2 pound crab meat, chopped


Mix sauce ingredients well and set aside.
Mix vegetables and combine with sauce mixture. Delicately fold in the seafood mix.
There are more yummy recipes on my Pinterest page titled Yummy Stuff!  

Well, we had so many entries this past week that I decided to pick two winners for the fabric bundles.  It's my fabric, after all!  Winners are:
Diane in NH  and Mona in CO

Congratulations ladies!  I'll be sending you bundles this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment