Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Beginning of a Great Week

I am so excited about our weather this week. For the first time in months we will be in the 40's. It's been a dragging winter around here and I know our weather has been mild compared to most of the country. The robins are in the yard, the geese are flying high overhead and most of the snow has almost melted. We've had a few sunny days in a row and I can almost forget about the icky roads and snowy walk ways. Don't you just hate getting groceries and having to push the cart through slushy parking lots? I am thankful that I have a grocery store and money to fill the cart so I won't complain too much I guess!

I am happy to say I am finally unpacked. Everything is in it's place. The walls are all painted. The floors all cleaned. We just got the last load this weekend, believe it or not. I now have patio furniture (sitting on top of snow right now) and a guest bedroom ready for company. My friend Barb said it was the longest move in history and I think she's right. It took 2 months from start to finish. I'm so ready to move on and get to work full time, well, for a while, anyway. I am meeting my sister in New York in a few weeks for a little fun. We all need a break, right?

We have 2 winners for last week's drawing. For the Through The Year quilt series, the winner is Cindy from PA. The winner of the 6 Colors of ther Seasons charts is Suzzane from FL. Congratulations ladies, I'll be sending them this week.

This week, I have 2 finished items up for anyone. The first is a wool design from one of my books. The table runner was made with Weeks Dye Works hand dyed wool. It's approximately 15" x 24". All you have to do is email me at PGPeddler@aol.com with the word "WOOL" in the title and your name and mailing address by next Saturday at midnight.

The second drawing is for an oak market basket that was made by me years ago. It's about 12-1/2" tall with handle. It has a beautiful color from aging and signed with the number #470 on the bottom. I made over 2000 baskets before I stopped selling them so this was an earlier one. It would make a great Easter basket, or floss and yarn holder. All you have to do to enter is email me at PGPeddler@aol.com with the word "OAK" in the title and your name and mailing address included by midnight Saturday. I will draw names next Sunday for both drawings.

I'm ready for Spring, aren't you?

9 comments:

  1. Congrats to the winners.
    I can imagine that you are glad the moving is over and yes I'm ready too for spring !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is SO generous of you~~~~ I will email right away and yes! bring on spring!~~ Faye

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll email you right away! And I'm so ready for Spring too! I just spotted my first Robin the other day. Spring can't be far away, can it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that you are finally settled! I am so ready for spring as well - time for the snow to melt so I can tend to my gardens.

    Love the drawings for this week!! Good luck to everyone and congrats to the winners from last week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheryl, Whew! So glad the move is finally over for you. Enjoy New York with your sister. You deserve a vacation.
    I am so ready for Spring! Wonderful giveaways this week, I'll enter right away
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm ready for spring as well. I'm still not finished unpacking and I have been in my new place almost a year.What great giveaways

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm ready for Spring also.
    Congrats on the move finish.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to Cindy and Suzanne on last weeks win. You are just so sweet to do this Cheryl. My tulip quilt has been much admired and it had a blog post all to itself !
    Love your giveaways this week too .Enjoy NY.
    Hugs Barb in UK

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to the Winners. I love your Basket. Well Done!!!!

    ReplyDelete