Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Mid-Week Ramblings!

The heat wave finally broke after 11 days. Today will be in the 90's which is much better than over 100! No rain in sight though, Mid-Missouri just keeps missing it. We have corn (somehow) and tomatoes now so all is well with the world. My motto for today...

So I need more company to keep my house clean I guess!

My Yorkie Toto got fleas when we boarded her while on vacation. We had used Frontline only to discover that it wasn't working. Needless to say, we had to fumigate the house and the dog. Poor little girl, she turned into a flea magnate everywhere she went! So much excitement at our house!


My son returns from the Army Reserve training this week after 6 months away. His wife and two boys are overwhelmed with joy at the fact that he's coming home. We discouraged him after high school, opting for college instead. I guess he never got it out of his system and joined anyway. We look forward to the homecoming this week.


I have been listing lots of fabric on eBay and selling it all. Such a good feeling to finally be cleaning house. I've sold all of my civil war fabrics and hand-dyed cottons. Most is what's left of my retail shows since I don't plan to do any more of them. I'm getting too old to be carting fabric and patterns in and out for set-up. My shoulder's are abused from years of pulling carts!


I've been reading blogs a lot and I always find some interesting things to read. I have been posting them on my Pinterest boards. If you are on Pinterest, check out my boards called Great Ideas and For the Home. Both have some good stuff on there. My username is prairiegrovegrl and I'm listed under Cheryl Haynes. If you need an invite to join, email me at pgpeddler@aol.com and I'll add you. www.pinterest.com.

2 comments:

  1. LOL - thats when my house gets cleaned too - when we are getting company. We have 2 in the reserves as well, well actually, Daniel did his time and is now out and is focusing on finishing his degree. Amanda is working at the Pentagon for a year but is still in the service. Both have done 2 tours in Iraq.

    Sorry about the fleas. Scruff has never had them but I can imagine the ordeal you go through to clean them up. I took the day off of work today and he's going off to PetSmart for a bath, cut, and clipping.

    PS - have the Buzz quilt all together and quilted - just needs binding. Believe I might donate it to the local Quilts for Kids chapter.

    How is the knee doing? Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked and found you on pinterest and I'm following you know :-)

    ReplyDelete