Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thursday Midweek & Website Updates





      The television reports of hurricane Sandy are just terrible.  My thoughts and prayers are with everyone in the east,  My BFF Barb in Connecticut lost power and phone for a couple days but otherwise came out OK.
     I missed quilt market last weekend and I know my friends at Benartex (along with all of the other companies in new York City) can not get back to work yet due to the airport/ subway/ flooding issues.  I'm not even sure they were able to escape Houston yet.   My thoughts are especially with them this week.
     It's beautiful autumn weather here and just makes me want to be outside doing something.  It will be snowing before we know it and I hate to waste these kinds of days.  On the other hand, my allergies are suffering today from my outdoor exposure yesterday.  So, go outside today, sneeze and blow tomorrow, or stay in and just watch it all?  Tough choices.
     Yesterday, I went up to the Amish community to see my friend Anna.  Anna's husband passed away a few weeks ago and I wanted to spend some time with her but since she has no phone, it's kind of hard to get word to her when I'm coming.  I took DIL Kristi and my two grandsons, Nathan and Patrick.  Unfortunately Anna was traveling for the week and we didn't get to see her but we did some fun shopping at a few of the Amish stores. 
     The Amish stores are great- no overhead so the prices are just unreal. Here's an example: I got three stainless mini loaf pans for $2 each, just to make cranberry bread and cinnamon bread for the holidays.  It makes a nice gift- just wrap it in clear plastic wrap and tie a plaid bow around it.  Beautiful as a hostess gift for those parties you attend!
     They have Crayola brand 24 crayolas for $1, coloring books for $1.  I got two more stainless kitchen knives for $2.30 each.  I've had others from there for years and never sharpened them.  They have such fun things to look at too.  The sell thread but only Amish colors- no reds, pinks, etc.  They sell fabrics but only solid colors- but every shade imaginable of those solid colors....  very pretty!
I didn't take the camera but the fields are in shocks now..... here's a picture from the web.





     As they cut the corn stalks, they stack them for drying in rows and it's looks so neat in the fields.  They also do that with oats which are noticeably shorter in the fields.  Fall is such a beautiful time to drive through the Amish community.
     I updated the website at www.prairiegrovepeddler.com and added fabric selections from the Cat line on the Home page http://prairiegrovepeddler.com/Other.html   I have a small amount of the fabric to sell  and added a few more things.  I am just about out of the fall and winter fabrics now.  What is left is on Etsy at http://www.etsy.com/shop/prairiegrovepeddler
I will add some quilts and runners for sale later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment