Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Never Enough Time

I don't know about you but I can't seem to get enough hours in my days. I have such a list to work on and what I think I should get accomplished in a day ends up short. I sent the last two days in bed with some sort of flu again. I've had this a few times this year and it's getting old.

I am working on two "big boy" quilts for Nathan, who will be 4 next week, and 2 year old Patrick. They've been dragging around their baby quilts I made them, you know, pastel greens and blues with chenille, and I figured it's time for darker colors plus some puppies, trains and cars in them thar quilts! Nathan's quilt is shades of green and Patrick's quilt is shades of blue. I'm working on the bindings tonight. Fabrics are from Benartex.

I couldn't leave Grace out, she gets a pink one with Girlie Girl fabrics from Moda. They have ballerinas and lots of flowers. I am tacking them and using fleece on the back. No batting. It makes them so soft, like a quilt on one side and a blanket on the other. After these are done, I'll tackle another baby quilt for Lilian Joy, due in February.

I am pretty much done shopping and decorating, just waiting until time to bake. I am making pumpkin roll this year for my son who can't be with us. That is going to be interesting to send in the mail! I am patiently waiting for the newest cardinal to return from the quilter. When it arrives, I'll get a picture posted. It uses the new Wintersong fabrics.

If you haven't noticed, there's a sale on the website posted on the Home page. 25% off on patterns until after Christmas. the code is christmas, all small case. Type it in the voucher space at check-out.

2 comments:

  1. I never seem to have enough time either but like to think that it's because I have such a full life. :-)

    Sorry to hear you had the flu. It went through our house last week. YUK!

    Have fun making the quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilts sound cute Cheryl.
    Hope you have a great Christmas!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete