Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What a Beautiful Week!



I ended up with a summer cold last week and I was out of the loop for a few days. Fortunately, it didn't last long and didn't require much medication. The weather is still hot here but cooler days are coming next week, and oh, I'm so excited for fall weather to finally come to Missouri. I've been watching the news on the hurricane damage in New England and just feel heart sick about everyone who lost homes to the flooding. Those covered bridges, how sad to lose such national treasures. I'm equally worried about my best friend who lives up there. I haven't been able to talk to her since last Saturday.

We got an 8 week old Yorkie puppy last week and you can probably guess routine around here these days. My son and I are taking turns training her all day and all night. She's definitely ruling the house but such a joy to have around! That little tail wagging- well, her whole 3 pound body wiggles when she wags her sweet tail. It just makes my heart sing! I get up about 6 times a night now. Sometimes I don't get back to sleep for along time and she's up again! I've taken a bunch of pictures but the little thing just moves like lightening. I finally got her to hold still.


Waiting patiently for the fabric to show up, well truthfully, I'm really starting to pace the floor. I'm anxious to get the quilts done. Quilt Market is coming very quickly and I want to be ready. I am not staying for Festival this year. It will be the first time in 20 years that I'm not there. I'm really sad about that because not only do I love to be a vendor, but I love to shop the show also.
It's huge and has everything you could ever want in the way of crafts and sewing. Have any of you ever gone to Quilt Festival in Houston?

I can't stay this year because of my college classes. I don't want to miss any of them. I'm almost done with my Ethics class and going to start Economics soon. Lots of homework going on these days but learning is so fun and interesting.

I can't wait to share the new fabrics. Stay tuned, it seems to be a continuing story.

3 comments:

  1. Cheryl, the storm did such awful damage up in New England. It is very sad to see. I was feeling upset being without electric for 48hours but when I saw that it puts it all into perspective.
    Your new addition sounds like fun...puppies are the best!
    Never have been to Quilt Market...I only dream of that! Maybe someday.
    Enjoy your classes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your feeling better now. I can relate about the puppy, almost 2 years ago my husband gave me a 6 week chihuahua for Christmas and I was up every couple of hours with her. I thought I was done with that but she is totally worth it.
    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're feeling better and that your fabric shows up soon Cheryl.
    The puppy is too cute!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete