Thursday, December 23, 2010

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!

Well, the weather outside is frightful,
but the fire is so delightful.
And since there's no place to go-
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

We are expecting snow tomorrow, just in time for Christmas. I feel sorry for everyone who has to travel tomorrow. I know it will be a mess in the midwest and probably lots of other places.

All I have left to do is bake cookies. I made fudge yesterday but it didn't set up. My husband was delighted as he loves fudge sauce on his ice cream and now he has an ample supply! We even joked when I made the fudge that if it didn't set up, he got it! I think he jinxed me!

I have to admit that I'm not the best cook anymore. Years ago I was a great cook but as I got busy and I didn't cook much, I lost the touch. Maybe it's the desire more than the touch. A few years ago I tried to make 2 coconut pies for Christmas dinner. The first batch burned as I had the heat too high and walked away for "just a moment". You know how that goes! Anyway, I was disgusted and started over. The pan was beyond repair at the time and I think it took weeks of soaking and boiling water to get the black off. The second batch went fine and I added the mix to a purchased graham cracker crust. The minute I picked it up to carry it into the dining room to cool, the foil pan buckled and the entire messy pie covered my carpet. I was so upset, I cried. I just wasn't meant to have coconut pie that year. I'm a little more careful these days in carrying food around over carpet!

I have the ingredients to make coconut pie this year but the memories are still quite painful. I might opt for coconut cake this year instead. I am making pumpkin rolls today along with a few varieties of cookies. If I can get them done without burning a pan, I'll be doing good!

Meanwhile, Patrick has found a new favorite toy. He is enjoying the plastic ornaments I have in a glass basket on the coffee table.

I just painted two of my bathrooms recently and redecorated them. I did a flower arrangement for my new pink bathroom. What do you think? I have a lot of off white shabby chic in there and it's so feminine now. I won't let the boys use it!

Have a very Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Your flower arrangement is just gorgeous!!!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete