Friday, May 7, 2010

Welcome Weekend

We finally made it to the local greenhouse this week. We have a lovely little place called Strawberry Hill here outside of town and they had too much to select from. As usual, I over purchased and have a lot of flowers leftover for pots. Grace and Sarah went with me and we picked out some beauties. I got them all planted this week and now I need a little Miracle grow once they take root. I can tell you they look better in the flat they they do all spread out in my flower beds! Time will change that though.

We have a great old tree that fell at one time in it's life and the previous owners left it to grow sideways. We now have a beautiful bed around it. It's hard to tell but the back of this tree is leaning! I also got Marigolds, Impatiens, Heather and lots of vegetables.

Other than that, I spent most of the week with family, making up for all of the time I ignored them when I was busy working in fabric. I did some babysitting and we had 2 year old Nathan over last evening just to hang out with us. It was a very good week. I guess I really needed a break.

1 comment:

  1. The flowers are gorgeous and love what you did around the tree. Can't wait to see more pics of your flower garden.

    ReplyDelete