Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sushi in Soho


We've had a great trip so far. Our generous hostess Ruth and her husband were able to take us on a driving tour of New York City today. We saw the World Trade Center area. Here's a picture from across the Brooklyn Bridge of the construction going on.

We tried to see Wall Street but they have the road closed so we saw it from every angle except the front. Here's a picture from up the street. We got pretty close.

We took a trip through the Bowery, Little Italy and Chinatown. We saw the old seaport, the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. The rain finally stopped today so we finally got to dry the umbrellas. We stopped in Soho at the cutest little Sushi bar and had lunch. Yesterday we went to Mood, in the Fashion District, so today we checked out Purl in Soho. There has been a lot of shopping going on. I think we'll have to make a stop at UPS before we catch a plane home! Sarah's such a shopaholic!

We met my sister tonight for dinner at a quaint little steak house. Sarah got a martini and actually got carded. (She's 29). Funny, my sister (pictured) and I didn't get carded. What's with that?

I am exhausted tonight and have a full day ahead of me at the fabric company. It's really coming along though. I am truly blessed.

2 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying reading about your New York adventures and seeing your photos...sounds like such a wonderful trip! I am excited to hear more about your fabric line...how totally awesome!! Enjoy the rest of your trip...and I'll be back to read more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are having a great time!

    ReplyDelete