Sunday, February 14, 2010

Tulip Winner!

Well, sorry for the delay in posting. I had a winner this morning but I had to decide whether I wanted to post it or get to church on time. Church won! The winner of the finished Tulip quilt is Barbara from England. Congratulations Barbara, I'll ship it to you this week.

I had a great week unpacking. I found so many interesting things that have been packed
up for years. I have boxes of old dolls and critters from the craze years ago. Some are my designs and most were acquired from friends. I decided to line a shelf in my office with them.
I know, I could just get rid of them but they just look so cute. Sometimes I wish dolls would make a come back but I know the country look passed a long time ago. I still hold some of them close to my heart. I started craft fairs in 1990 with hand made baskets and dolls. It was such a fun time for craft fairs.


I still have Attic Babies- remember them? I have a few more up in the kids toy room but I now have four in my office. I got all of mine autographed one year when Marty Maschino was here at a local outdoor weekend fair called the Festival of the Little Hills in old St. Charles. My cousin Beth and I used to do that show in August. It was a hot time, let me tell you, but a great street fair. I think it still runs every year in August. I don't think I've been back to it since I moved away from St. Louis.


I finally got around to taking a picture of my old Brownie Fiesta camera. I got it one year before a vacation. When I was 14 yrs old, I was in love with Peter Duel of the TV show Alias Smith and Jones. That summer we went to CA on vacation and went to Universal Studios. I actually saw him in person. I got a good picture of him on his horse and I still have the picture in my scrapbook. I was so in love, then he killed himself and the series ended. My dream was gone!

For this weeks drawing, I thought in honor of Spring coming, I would do something very Springy.
For Cross Stitchers, 3 winners, for Garden Hoppin' cross stitch chart #13.
Email me at PGPeddler@aol.com with "CS Hoppin" in the title by midnight Saturday. Be sure to put your name and address in the email. Those without are not considered.

For Quilters, also 3 winners this week, email me at PGPeddler@aol.com with "Quilt Hoppin" in the title by midnight Saturday.
Be sure to put your name and address in the email. Those without are not considered.

I'm back to normal ( as normal as I can get) after the fall last week but I do still have a dent across my nose! The wound on my leg got infected but a trip to Urgent Care last Tuesday took care of it! Thanks for all of the sweet emails I got from everyone. I really appreciate them all.

6 comments:

  1. Hope your leg is better Cheryl.
    I wouldn't be able to part with all of the dollys either. I would have to keep them!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're getting back to normal (or as I say when I'm going through a similar experience, "back to abnormal", lol!)

    I hope you leg is getting lots better.

    Isn't it fun unpacking all that stuff and rediscovering it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Barbara! It's a lovely win!

    What great goodies you found!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are getting back to normal. I remember Alias Smith & Jones - I loved that show and like you thought them hot......LOL. Love both your designs on offer this week.

    Congrats Barbara on such a beautiful win.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to the winner. She won a great prize. You are finding lots of treasures. Love the dolls.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just to say thankyou so much for the prize -winning on my birthday ,I couldn't beleive it when I received the e mail. IT looks so beautiful and I look forward to it arriving.
    Hope all will be back to normality soon and oh those dolls are just so gorgeous.
    Hugs Barb

    ReplyDelete