Thursday, August 6, 2009

Pork & Beans


I was reminded this morning of my old doll that I had as a child. Her name was Pork & Beans. Obviously, I loved pork and beans so much as a child that I named my favorite doll after the food. When I was 6 years old, I had the doll sitting on the space heater in our home when my older sister turned it on.

The doll's leg melted and of course I totally fell apart, crying and carrying on so. My mom was a quick thinker though. She promptly bandaged her foot and leg with gauze and tape just like the doctor would do it and I took care of her for the rest of my childhood.

I kept that old bandage on there, as nasty as it got, for 20 years until the 80's, when my daughter started playing with her. Now, I think it's time to introduce Pork & Beans to my 2 year old grand daughter Grace! I have a feeling she will really like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment